Washington State Application Requirements


As independent contractors in the state of Washington, all Gopuff delivery partners are required to provide a Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number, indicating that they've been issued a Business License from the state Department of Revenue.

Below are some resources and general information that you may find useful as you navigate the Business License Application.

A UBI number is a nine-digit number that registers you with several state agencies and allows you to do business in Washington State. A UBI number is sometimes called a tax registration number, a business registration number, or a business license number. Use the Business License Application available on the Washington State Department of Revenue’s website to apply for a UBI number.

To receive a UBI number you’ll need to submit a Business License Application, which you can do through the Washington State Department of Revenue’s website. Note that you will first need to register for a Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID to login to their website (if you don’t have one already).

All delivery partners who sign up to earn with Gopuff in the state of Washington are required to provide a UBI number, and their business license must include Delivery Services among their registered business activities.

They estimate that completing the Business License Application online takes 15-30 minutes. After completing the application, it will take approximately 10 days to process, but may take 2-3 weeks depending on the city or state endorsements requested.

If you already have a business license and UBI number in the state of Washington, and that business is registered to provide Delivery Services, you can simply enter your UBI number when prompted in your Gopuff profile/application.

The fees for submitting your Business License Application will vary. They will include a processing fee (typically $50) and any additional fees associated with the various endorsements, registrations, or permits you select for your business.

For help with questions about the Washington State Business License Application, check out these resources: